Thursday, April 1, 2010

Anyone Hear the Crickets? 2009 Catch-up

Wow! It's been over a year since my last entry. I guess I failed to find a way to keep up with regular entries. A lot has happened since my last post back in February of 2009. I've taken over 10,000 photos and had several studio shoots as well. Several portrait sessions were with my favorite model, my daughter, but others were done for friends and relatives and one was a show dog.

Dog Shoot - May 2009

Watashi is a Japanese Chin that was being trained as a show dog. I set up my studio equipment to do the photos only to have none of the wireless receivers work properly. In the end I mounted my flash to the camera and used it to optically trigger a few slave flash units. It was much less than optimum, but I managed to get a few decent shots.


Watashi soon lost interest in modeling for me and curled up on the floor. I laid in my stomach and took a few more shots.



Family Portrait Session - November 2009

In November I carried all of my studio equipment to the home of a work friend to do a family portrait session. It was the first time I set up at a remote location and it was a bit of a challenge. I didn't have a backdrop large enough for the group of twelve and ended up hanging a king size sheet. Also, something in the house was causing my wireless triggers to randomly fire. The session was challenging and a bit stressful, but ended up being a lot of fun.



Christmas Portraits - December 2009

We always include a photo of our daughter in the Christmas cards and I decided that I wanted to set up and shoot a few portraits rather than send out school photos. Nothing really special here and no real challenges. Just a relaxed portrait shoot with my favorite model.



Informal Christmas Portraits

I took my camera and my flash with homemade diffuser (Better Bounce Card) with me to the family gatherings. I tried to get as many people as possible to pose in front of the Christmas tree so I could shoot a portrait. Some cooperated, while others did not.


Next post I'll pick up in 2010. I may also make a few entries on my other interests like birds, zoo animals and flowers, bugs & butterflies. Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment